Tuesday 25 March 2014

Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Hello There!
I feel like all I ever do is reviews and rants and reviews and rants and I thought instead of boring you with yet another review, I would instead do a meme! This meme was created by Broke and Bookish. This weeks topic is on bookish bucketlist which I have done previously but I guess I can rejog your memories, so here goes.


1. Go to more independent and second hand bookshops.

This right here, has been a massive annoyance for me. I myself being a girl of routine and non-change, I normally just go into Waterstones or WHSmith to buy books but since I have started watching booktubers and searching book related tags on Tumblr I have fell in love with the idea of buying books from, well, every other place available other than the obvious book tycoons like Whsmith and Waterstones. I have started completing this as I have brought When God Was A Rabbit from a charity shop but I just need to start getting into it and get over the fact that these books were previously owned.

2. Get to owning 200 books

As an avid reader, its kinda embarrassing that I haven't even reached the 200 mark of owning books. I currently only have 149 but hopefully by the end of the year I will own atleast 200 books.

3. Buy more less known books

I always, and I mean always, buy books that are hyped up about. When I look through my bookshelf I realised that there wasn't many books that I brought that wasn't recommended from someone else. So, hopefully this goal will go hand in hand with goal number one and I read books due to it sounding good, not because so and so told me to read it.

4. Buy Hardback copies of the Harry Potter books (and the new ones out September!)

Not only that though, I want to own all of the editions of the HP books because...why not eh?

5. Get a damn bookshelf.

Oh my Lord I do not have a bookshelf and it is the most annoying thing ever. I have to use the side of the wardrobe where you normally put your underwear and towels in as a makeshift shelf! I better be getting a bookshelf before my 17th birthday!\

6. Own more book related stuff (bookmarks, bookends etc)

I have wanted to buy a few things off Etsy recently but due to being afraid of fraud, I did not go ahead and buy some of the things on my wishlist, specifically, a Time Turner and a GOT map :( but I also have been having trouble finding decent bookmarks! The ones in mainstream shops are metal and none book related. I want a sturdy and simple bookmark.

7. Start a Youtube channel (eek!)

Okay guys don't you guys be thinking I want to become the next Zoella or anything but gah, starting a Youtube channel has been a goal of mine for the past few years. My friend and I even writ a few things to do videos about before ditching the whole idea and I still have notes from when we were dreaming about Youtube. I may actually still go ahead and do a Youtube channel, I just need a little bit of courage and don't-care-about-what-other-people-think attitude.

8. Recieve ARCs from publishing houses

I really want this to happen. I have envied the booktubers and massive book bloggers who get free upcoming books from the top publishing houses like Penguin and Random House and I want that! I know I will have to do recieve more followers and more experience before I dive into that section of book blogging but still, one can hope.

9. Use Goodreads more

I have also already started on this one but yes, this has been a goal of mine. I myself am not a social networking site lover and never will be. I don't think any pressure of being a book blogger will make me dive into making a twitter account and tweeting about what I ate for dinner, sorry guys. The only form of social networking I will use is Goodreads and I think thats quite justified. Its basically Blogger when it comes to reviews but a little bit more professional and you can interact with other bloggers and even non-bloggers.

10. Get to atleast 70 followers on my blog by the end of the year

I know, a bit hopeless but gah, I can still hope eh? I barely have 10 followers right now but Decemeber is quite a few months away so maybe 60 more followers isn't so unrealisitc? I dunno, what do you guys think?

So yeah, here's to my first meme! What do you think? Should I do more meme's more often?
Annie x

3 comments:

  1. Hey Annie! Just stopping by to check out your blog, let you know I'm now following via bloglovin' and Google +! I added you to my bookish circle so I can keep a closer eye on you. *Muah HaaHaa haaa haaa*~ that's my wicked, devious laugh ;)
    This is a great bookish bucket list. I wanna own a Hardback collect of the Potter books too. That would be so nice....and expensive! I'd also love to own more bookish things, mostly bookmarks! I'm starting to collect them!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for following! YAY! I really hope you guys reach your goal of 70 followers, SUPER FAST! xoxo
    Let's chat soon!
    Michelle -Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle, thank you! Haha, I do not know whether to be thankful or creeped out about you keeping a closer eye on me but I will embrace it!

    Aha, definitely expensive. I have paperback copies but I cannot stop there, a true HP fan will have the original hardbacks! Gah, I would love to own bookmarks but none of them really interested me. For one, most of them are magnetic bookmarks! Why in the world would you need metal and magnetic bookmarks??? I just need a sturdy card bookmark but apparently they don't do those anymore:/

    Haha me too and thank you! It seems like very hard work and chatting soon good sounds good(: xx
    - Annie x

    ReplyDelete